We are committed to the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our site are quite rightly concerned to
know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both
specific and strict. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
Information may be unlawfully available to hackers and snoopers. We take no responsibility for this. The risk is no different from a similar risk
in a bricks and mortar establishment. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable
information collected at this site. If this policy should change in the future (most unlikely), then we shall provide notification in advance, and
the opportunity for all users to indicate whether or not they would prefer that we do not provide the information to third parties as proposed.
Here is a list of the information we collect, and why it is necessary to collect it:
This information is used:
- 1.1 To provide you with the services which you request;
- 1.4 To enable us to answer your enquiries;
- 1.5 For verifying your identity for security purposes;
- 1.6 For communicating with you;
- 1.7 To help make our web site as useful to you as possible;
- 1.8 Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third
parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
Your domain name and email address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. This information is used:
- 2.1 In a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality
control and improvement of our site;
- 2.2 To send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- 2.3 To tell you about other services of ours.
- 3.1 Is only available to Ascension Earth's administrative personnel. We may use a subset of this information
for customised marketing purposes, directly from us to you. Information, which does not identify any individual may be used in a general
way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
Some of this information is classified as sensitive information by the Privacy Act 1993. We make the assumption that in giving this
information to us, you consent to our holding it for the duration of your membership.
- 4.1 For a particular purpose, for example a personal profile, survey, or questionnaire. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose for which you have provided it.
- 5.1 This is information given to us in the course of your business and ours such as in relation to your application to partner with us or
advertise with us. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information
and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you and any partner to reciprocate this policy.
- 6.1 We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so
request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order.
- 7.1 At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us. To better safeguard
your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
- 7.2 This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with current UK, US, New Zealand and EU legislation, so far as we are aware.